WIHG is an autonomous research organization. Aspired candidates can check now about the WIHG jobs. Under the notification number-General Recruit./WIHG/2020-21/Estt./, a detailed advertisement has been released by the WIHG regarding the WIHG Jobs recruitment 2021. The advertisement has been dated 16th July 2021. Applications for the WIHG jobs are accepting online mode through the official website of WIHG. No other mode of application will be accepted for WIHG jobs. A total of 34 vacancies are active now for recruitment. Aspired candidates should read the detailed notification which is available on the official website of WIHG before applying for the WIHG jobs. See below for more details.
About WIHG Jobs
Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG) is a government-owned autonomous organization. WIHG is under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. It carrying out advanced levels of research in all of the aspects of Himalayan Geosciences. In the areas of Petrology and Geochemistry, Structure and Tectonics, Sedimentology, Quaternary Geology, Geomorphology, Paleoclimatology, Glaciology, Magnetostratigraphy, Biostratigraphy, Paleontology, Environmental Geology, Seismology, GPS, Geophysics and Remote Sensing, the Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology has its strong specialization. The Institute has a doctoral program and offers Research Associateships to fresh Ph.D. students for encouraging young researchers/students. WIHG also undertakes sponsored projects for promoting researches in emerging areas of Earth Sciences.
The Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology invites applications from the candidates who are fulfilling the given eligibility criteria for the recruitment of Scientist ‘C’, Scientist ‘B’, Administrative Officer, Technical Assistant, Upper Division Clerk, Draftsman, Lower Division Clerk, Driver, Field cum Laboratory Attendant & Field Attendant.
Ph.D. degree in or any allied subjects of Geoscience, with Four years of post-doctoral research experience.
First-class in M.Sc. in Geology, Geophysics, or any allied subject of Geosciences with 3 years of relevant experience.
• A 1st class or high second class degree from a recognized University. • 10 years experience in a Central Govt. Deptt./, Autonomous Body or Public Sector Undertaking of which at least 3 years should be in the immediate lower grade. • Through knowledge of Establishment, Civil Works, Accounts/Purchase, Stores, Security, and Vigilance procedures/rules.
B. Sc. or Diploma in Engineering /Tech. of minimum 3 years duration (or equivalent).
Upper Division Clerk
Degree from any recognized University or equivalent with working knowledge in computer.
Matriculation + ITI Trade Certificate.
Lower Division Clerk
• Intermediate or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or University • Skill Test Norms: Typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi on Computer (35 words per minute and 30 words per minute correspond to 10500 Key depression per hour and 9000 Key depression per hour on an average of 5 key depression for each word).
• Pass in 10th standard or equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or Institution • Possession of a valid driving license for a motor car • Knowledge of motor mechanism (The candidate should be able to rectify minor defects in vehicle) • Experience in driving a motor car for at least 3 years • Qualifying the prescribed Trade Test.
WIHG Jobs: Desirable Qualification
Name of Post
• Doctoral and post-doctoral research experience in the field of Glaciology • Experience in high-altitude fieldwork and/or experience in handling and operating analytical instruments.
• Ph.D. degree in Geology, Geophysics, or any allied subject of Geoscience • Experience in Geological/Glaciological fieldwork/survey and/or experience in handling and operating analytical instruments • Experience in the field of Engineering Geology, Paleontology, Structure & Tectonics, Glaciology & Artificial intelligence/Machinery learning in Geosciences.
• Master’s Degree • Law Degree • Diploma in Personnel Management • Knowledge of Computer-aided Management
• Person with a qualification in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, and Instrumentation • Knowledge of Computer
Upper Division Clerk
Three years experience should be in immediate lower grade as L.D.C in Central Govt. Deptt./Autonomous Body or Public Sector Undertaking
Experience in preparing geological maps using the latest software
Lower Division Clerk
• Graduate • A Government of India recognized diploma/ certificate in computer.
• Minimum 3 years experience driving light and heavy vehicles • I.T.I certificate/Diploma in Motor Mechanic