NATIONAL CENTRE FOR POLAR AND OCEAN RESEARCH Recruitment ’21: Check now for the latest NCPOR jobs
NATIONAL CENTRE FOR POLAR AND OCEAN RESEARCH Recruitment ’21: Check now for the latest NCPOR jobs: National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research (an autonomous Institution under the Ministry of Earth Sciences,
Government of India) is responsible for coordinating the Indian Antarctic Expeditions. NCPOR is looking for trained manpower on a contract basis for its Research bases in Antarctica for the season 2021-2023. Candidates should check the detailed advertisement before applying for the National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research Recruitment ’21. The detailed advertisement is available on the website also. NCPOR/11/21 is the number of the advertisement regarding the National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research Recruitment ’21. See below for more details.
National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research Recruitment ’21: Vacancy Details
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||Vacancy|
|3||Operator Excavating Machine (Dozers, Excavators||01|
|8||Boiler Operator & Mechanic/ Plumber/ Fitte||01|
|15||Chef / Cook||05|
The period of contract shall be of 4 months or 14 months depending on the suitability of candidates as assessed by NCPOR and shall start from November/December 2021. Based on the requirement, the contract can also be extended by few months.
National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research Recruitment ’21: Educational Qualifications
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||Qualifications|
|1||• Vehicle Mechanic|
• Vehicle Electrician
• Operator Excavating Machine (Dozers, Excavators)
• Station Electrician
• Generator Mechanic/Operator
• Boiler Operator & Mechanic/ Plumber/ Fitter
|ITI Certification (Minimum one-year course) in relevant trade with four years of relevant experience|
Diploma in Engineering in relevant field with three years working experience in relevant field.
|2||Crane Operator||Heavy motor vehicle license and operating hydraulic cranes preferably of the capacity of more than 20 metric tons with a minimum of four years experience in respective trades|
|3||Male Nurse||Diploma in General Nursing with three years experience in relevant field.|
Bachelor of Science in Nursing as approved by Indian Nursing Council with two years working experience in relevant fields.
Note: Candidates with experience in operation theatre/ ICU will be given preference.
|4||Lab Technician||Diploma in Engineering (Instrumentation/ Electronics/electrical/mechanical) with three years working experience in handling scientific equipment/ laboratory|
Bachelor degree in Physical Sciences/ Instrumentation with two years working
experience in relevant fields.
Note: Candidate with experience in handling scientific laboratory equipment as laboratory attendant or project assistant or technical/scientific assistant or equivalent will be given preference
|5||Radio/Wireless Operator||The candidate should be minimum of 12th Standard passed and holding|
General Operator Certificate (GOC) to operate the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) with four years of working experience in radio communication (HF/VHF) devices
Diploma in Engineering (Electronics) with three years of working experience in radio communication (HF/VHF) devices.
Note: Candidates with Ham (Amateur) Radio License or a Marine Radio Operator The permit will be given preference with working knowledge of English.
|6||Inventory/Bookkeeping Staff||Candidate should be a minimum of 12th Standard passed and ITI Certification in computer operator and programming assistant (COPA) or equivalent trade with 4 years working experience in the management of inventory and bookkeeping|
Diploma in computer application or equivalent with three years of working experience in the management of inventory and bookkeeping.
Note: Candidates must have a working knowledge of English, Preference will be given to candidates having experience in ERP software packages.
|7||Chef / Cook||Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology or Culinary Art from a recognized Indian University/Institute with three years of working experience in relevant field|
Degree in Hotel Management and Catering Technology or Culinary Art from a recognized Indian University/Institute with two years of working experience in relevant fields.
Note: the candidate with working experience in a registered firm/airlines/ hotel/food chain & Capable of handling 50 to 60 persons on a daily basis will be given preference.
National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research Recruitment ’21: Pay Scale
- Contract wages of ₹ 45,103/- (fixed) per month for the entire duration of the contract for those who are going to Antarctica on the NCPOR contract for the first time. Contract wages of ₹ 60,138/- (fixed) per month for the entire duration of the contract for those who already have been to Antarctica on the NCPOR contract.
- Selected candidates as a member of the team will be entitled to free boarding & lodging on board ship and at Antarctica with special polar clothing. They will be entitled to a special Hardship allowance (HDA) of ₹ 1500/- per day during the summer season and ₹ 2000/- per day during the winter season for the actual duration of stay in Antarctica. Special Hardship allowance rates are subject to revision in accordance with a subsequent government order.
- Selected candidates depending on whether for short term or long term shall be entitled to a special kit allowance of Rs. 20000/- (short term) and Rs. 30000/- (long term) to be paid by NCPOR subject to production of original vouchers.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance Coverage up to 25 lakhs for the selected candidates will be provided by NCPOR for the expedition period.
National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research Recruitment ’21: How to Apply
- Go to the official website of NCPOR @ www.ncpor.res.in
- Click on the careers link
- Click on the apply online link
- Click on the online registration link
- Fill the online application form
- Upload necessary documents
- Verify all the details before submitting
- Submit the application
- Make the payment of the application fee if applicable
National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research Recruitment ’21: Quick look Table
|Name of Recruitment Body||National Centre for Polar and Ocean Research|
|Number of Vacancies||34|
|Last date of the online application||15/07/2021|